Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wakil Sahab Ki Beti Ki Shaadi

I had been preparing for CAT, or rather just waiting for 19th of November. The day after which I will not feel guilty spending time doing nothing. Waking up late on week ends (well I do wake up late on week days also Thanks to CSC:-)),playing corporate cricket and watching movies. How much did I miss these activities? Not that I didn’t do it, but it had an element of guilt associated with it.

CAT was finally over and as planned i was going home. It was a surprise visit. I had told my parents that I don’t get leaves so easily, and can’t make it to Cuttack till Jan end. Being In CSC this was probably joke of the year(I don’t know why I just keep coming back to CSC).The train journey was ok. I was in bogie mostly occupied with Biharis. There was guy named Mr. Jaydeep Tyagi working with Oracle. He had a habit of asking each and every one which state one belongs to. By everyone I mean every one. Even the staff of pantry was replying to his questions. There was one more guy from Dhanbaad who came to his seat very late. I was happily reading a book on the top birth using but I was ready for the inevitable question.

Mr. Jaydeep:Kahan se Hain aap?
GFD(Guy from Dhanbaad): Bihar

Mr. Jaydeep:Apne kaun shaher se bani
GFD: Dhanbaad

Mr. Jaydeep:Oh Badhiya hai
GFD:Hmm

Mr. Jaydeep:Are mere ek dost ki shaadi Dhanbaad ki kisi Wakil ki beti se hui hai.
GFD:Kaun? Chote Lal ki beti ke saath(I had absolutely no idea how did he zeroed on Chote Lal)

Mr. Jaydeep:Naam to pata nahin

Mr. Jaydeep starts giving intricate details about Wakil sahab, his appearance, the clothes that he was wearing. He was also describing the guy that girl was married to. He was literally reading out the whole menu that was served in the marriage. By now I had stopped reading. The book was far less interesting than the conversation that was taking place. I was eager to know that will Jaydeep be able to explain whose marriage he attended.

Mr. Jaydeep:Wakil Sahab ne Kale rang ki Sherwani peheni thi aur saath main nagra pehena hua tha.Wakil Sahab Chashma bhi lagate hain.Mere dost ne gehere Neele rang ka suit pehena tha.Bol raha tha ki Reid and Taylor ka kapda hai aur paas wale hi darzi se silwaya hain.
GFD:Reid and Taylor?Amit ji wala(I had never expected that Amitabh Bacchan will have contribution to this talk.)

Mr. Jaydeep:Haan Amitji wala.Kya actor hain(I was just hoping that this talk doesnt gets abbrected to Amitabh Bacchan)
Mr. Jaydeep:Shaadi main kharcha bahut kiya tha.Mithai specially bahar se mangwayi thi.Aur aisa sunane main aaya tha ki dahez bhi kafi diya tha

After listening to the details provided by Mr. Jaydeep , GFD had a look which Byomkesh Bakshi(The famous Bangla detective) had before cracking a murder mystrey.

GFD:Matlab paise waali party hai.
Mr. Jaydeep:Shaadi dekh kar lagta to aisa hi tha.Kuch log to yeh bhi bol rahe the ki Wakil Sahab ke political contacts bhi hain.

GFD:Tab to pakka Wakil Sahab Rajdeep Singh Thakur honge(I dont know how GFD came to this conclusion.In Bihar i guess 99.99% lawyers must be having political contacts)
GFD:Achha shaadi kab hui thi?
Mr. Jaydeep:Do saal pehele.Thandh ka samay tha.

Thandh ka samay??I had not expected this from a perfectionist who even knew the details of the shop from where sweets were ordered.Common he could have at least recalled the month, Which could have helped our Byomkesh Bakshi.GFD was still having that same expression.His mind was still GOOGLING.

GFD:Par Chote Lal aur Rajdeep Singh Thakur ki betiyon ki shaadi hue 5 saal ho gaye hain.

Manoo Kapoor(on the top seat): Dhath sala sab chaupat(Mind you this was loud.It was audible to the guys below.)

Both of them were staring straight at me. My good old book came to my rescue. I pretended as if the words which came out were a result of some plot not going as per my expectations in the book. I retreated to a position from where I was not visible to those guys, and I again turned my ears to the receive mode.

There were no words spoken from either of them for next 10 min.There was absolute silence, I started getting restless.I thought the mystery will never be solved.But then Mr. Jaydeep was dialing some number.

Mr. Jaydeep:Mahesh kya haal chaal?Yaar Vivek ka number hai tere paas?Usse baat kiye 2 saal ho gaye hain.Shaadi ki baad baat hi nahin ho payi

Mr. Jaydeep was noting down a number on a piece of paper.

Mr. Jaydeep:Chal phir ghar pahunch kar phone karta hoon.

Mr. Jaydeep started dialling the number he had noted down

Mr. Jaydeep:Vivek bhai Namaste.Sale madar**** shaadi ke baad doston ko bhool hi gaya hain tu

Vivek on the other side giving some explanation.

Vivek:Yaar "TIME" hi nahin mila.Bahut "Busy" hoon.(I guess he said this)
Mr. Jaydeep:Haan Haan bahut bada aadmi ban gaya hai tu ki doston ke liye time hi nahin milta tuje

I felt terribly dejected to listen to this.Even a guy named Vivek living in some part of Bihar is busy, and i have no work for the past 6 months.God save me from CSC.
By now i had lost interest and was again starting to concentrate on the book that i was reading.

Mr. Jaydeep:Yaar Vivek tere Sasur ji Wakil hain na?

I became alert but at the same time i was surprised.What on earth made Mr. Jaydeep so desperate that he called up some common friend to get Groom's number that to when his phone was on "ROAMING".Moreover i wanted to know what was Vivek thiking.He must have been surprised to hear from Jaydeep after 2 years and on top of that Jaydeep called him so late at night to find out his Father in Law's name.

Mr. Jaydeep:Yaar yahan ek mahashay hain jo ki Dhanbaad ke hain.Baaton baaton teri shaadi ka zikar kiya maine.Par yaar tere Sasur ji ka naam yaad hi nahin aa raha tha.Bahut der se yad karne ki koshish kar raha hoon.
Mr. Jaydeep to GSD:Unka naam Triloki Naath hai.

GFD:Knodding his head in acceptance

After a few minutes Mr. Jaydeep hung up the phone

GFD(With a broad Grin on his face):Are Tirloki Nath ji ki beti ki shaadi main gaye the aap.Haan suna tha ki bahut badhiya shaadi hui thi.Dahez main car di gayi thi aur bahut sona bhi diya tha.Are bhai political contacts bhi bahut hain unke.Shaadi ki mithai Jaamnagar ke kisi rasoiye ke yahan se aayi thi.

I came to know one thing that apart from knowing the details of Indian Railways Biharis are very particular about Mithai shops. But I felt very relieved. The find was over. Tirloki Nath was the man we were looking for and we have found him.

GFD:Are bhai late bahut ho gaya hai.Soya jaye.

GFD started pulling out a bed cover and a pillow.I was also felt tired and decided to go and brush my teeth.

While brushing my teeth.Mr. Jaydeep was waiting to wash his face.I had enough details about Sasurji and Vivek,but there was no mention about Wakil Sahab ki beti.So i asked

Manoo Kapoor:Wakil sahab ki beti ka naam kya tha?

There was no answer from his side.I thought that i shouldnt have asked her name.Might be Mr. Jaydeep was of a very orthodox mind set.I washed my face and gave way to Mr. Jaydeep.When i was about to leave he said

Mr. Jaydeep:Dude my phone's "ROAMING" never got activated.

11 comments:

Aditya Sethuraman said...

haha...brilliant....

Pritesh Jain said...

dude... hats off...
i hope body likes it too..
its brilliant... :)

Pritesh Jain said...

and yes CSC bar bar kyun aa jati hai yaar.. leave her and enjoy...

Tikna said...

dude... nice post!!!
yaaaer yeh CSC!!!! hehehe

Tikna said...

i hope i have some good experience on my way back home!!!

Manoo Kapoor said...

@emaillady
thanks man

@prits
abe apni frustration kahin to nikaalni hogi na

@tikna
yaar no one can match Mr Jaydeep

satyajit said...

hahaha..this is sexy!

Nasal Crooner said...

ROFL!!!!

Manish said...

Gr8 blog...
Not sure who was playing with whom, but the Bihari guy has my vote. I bet he didn't know any Tirloki Nath either.

Tikna said...

macha... huge photu!!

Pritesh Jain said...

kahan mar gaya saale...